"Write this down for the next generation so people not yet born will praise God." Psalm 102:18

"Write my answer on a billboard, large and clear, so that anyone can read it at a glance and rush to tell the others." Habakkuk 2:2

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Countdown

After 16 years devoted to homeschooling my two sons, I find myself down to the final 18 days of my homeschooling career. It seems hard to believe. I'm ready to move on to a different area of focus in my life, but also find I'm a little sad to see homeschooling end. Although I must admit, I am very excited about life after homeschooling, where I'm finally able to devote full time to my desire to write, and eventually get published beyond bi-monthly magazine articles.

The next five weeks will be filled with our final days of homeschool, as well as lots of paperwork on my part, as I prepare for my son's final homeschool evaluation, and filling out the necessary forms required to receive his diploma on May 11th and June 16th. He'll have two graduations. The first one with the organization that has supported us through our entire homeschooling career - CHAP. We've attended their homeschool conference each year. Then in June, my son will receive his official diploma from PHAA.

When homeschool is a thing of my past, I will be moving on to concentrating on writing my next Christian historical romance. I have ideas for several books, and am anxious to get started writing again. So as I'm in the final countdown until I'm finished with homeschooling, I'm also preparing my heart for what God has next in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment