"Write this down for the next generation so people not yet born will praise God." Psalm 102:18

"Write my answer on a billboard, large and clear, so that anyone can read it at a glance and rush to tell the others." Habakkuk 2:2

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Writing Update

The past couple months have been a blur of writing. I started in June with the idea for a new book and had planned out my characters, done the necessary research, etc., and figured my summer would be spent leisurely working on writing the new saga. After a speed pitch with an editor at the end of June, I found out she was interested in seeing the entire novel. Only one slight problem - I only had about seven chapters completed, barely 17,000 words of the needed 75,000.

So the past six weeks have been a whirlwind of writing and editing. I'm in the process of working on the technical things - cover letter, synopsis, etc. I still will read through my novel a couple times yet before I send it in, but I'm almost there. God has been so good at providing what I need for each day. I wouldn't have made it this far if it wasn't for Him. Even though Satan has been throwing all kinds of things my way, I continue to rely on God's word He gave me. "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

May His name be praised!

No comments:

Post a Comment