"Write this down for the next generation so people not yet born will praise God." Psalm 102:18

"Write my answer on a billboard, large and clear, so that anyone can read it at a glance and rush to tell the others." Habakkuk 2:2

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Stepping Past Fear

Writing can be a difficult thing. I think a lot of writers struggle with fear and insecurity from time to time. (Please don't tell me I'm the only one!) :) Fear of rejection, insecurity of knowing whether you'll be able to produce material as good/great as you wrote before.... The list can go on and on of ways that Satan tries to discourage us from succeeding in the areas where God has called us - to write for Him.

Each time I sit down at the keyboard to work on my current revisions, I have to remind myself yet again, to not give in to those fears. It's a struggle as I try to get back into my characters of a story I wrote over eight months ago. I have to refresh my memory as I try to craft new scenes to replace ones that need to be rewritten.

But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. - Philippians 3:13b-14

Lord, help me to focus on that one thing - straining toward what is ahead, to the goal, to the prize. May I rest in you as I strive toward what you have for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment