"Write this down for the next generation so people not yet born will praise God." Psalm 102:18

"Write my answer on a billboard, large and clear, so that anyone can read it at a glance and rush to tell the others." Habakkuk 2:2

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Getting Back on the Horse

It's been over three weeks since I completed my WIP (work in progress). I took the time off to rest and try to catch up with things around the house, but now it's soon time to get back up on the horse and start investing time into revising and editing. Due to various appointments and company coming this weekend, I plan to actually get started on Monday.

In the mean time, I've had fun learning about some books that are helpful to have on hand as a historical writer. Books on cliches, phrases, idioms, etc. Then I learned about several historical books I'm anxious to get my hands on at some point. Two of them I was able to download, and the other I hope to order. What were they? Houtaling's Hand-Book of Useful Information (1884); Manners for Men (1897) and A Guide to the Manners, Etiquette, and Deportment of the Most Refined Society (1879). Probably boring to the vast majority, but I find the topic fascinating because the more research I do, the better able to write historical fiction novels.

No comments:

Post a Comment