"Write this down for the next generation so people not yet born will praise God." Psalm 102:18

"Write my answer on a billboard, large and clear, so that anyone can read it at a glance and rush to tell the others." Habakkuk 2:2

Monday, October 17, 2011

The Power of a Story

I've been to the movies a few times lately. I was blessed to watch Courageous twice. I also watched Dolphin Tale and Soul Surfer. As I watch each story unfold on the screen, I continue to be struck by the power of story God builds into each of our lives. We desire to watch and hear a good story. We like to see good triumph over evil, or witness a happy ending. I feel it is something God has built into each one of us. We experience it in different ways. For me, the power of story calls me to be a writer. It's part of who I am and how God made me. It won't be long before a new story will be clamoring to be told through my keyboard. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment