"Write this down for the next generation so people not yet born will praise God." Psalm 102:18

"Write my answer on a billboard, large and clear, so that anyone can read it at a glance and rush to tell the others." Habakkuk 2:2

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Update

It's been quite a while since I've written an update on where I am with my various writing projects. I completed my novel last year and entered two different contests. They both were a learning experience that hopefully will one day bring me closer to actually seeing this book in print. Since then I have continued to work on my Apprentice writing lessons with Christian Writer's Guild. It's hard to believe I will complete this two-year course at the end of May. I only have eight lessons remaining. I also continue to write a column for the bi-monthly magazine Home School Enrichment. Some of my previous articles are even available on the website www.crosswalk.com.

What's new on the horizon is a different book I'm researching and plotting, about a feisty gal who marries by proxy to a minister. His mail-order bride isn't the demure and submissive woman he desired, but a gun-toting one with ties to the Texas Rangers. Many sparks will fly as these two learn to settle their differences.

The more that I write and research, I find how much I truly enjoy this business of writing. It's the call God has placed on my life, and I'm so privileged to get to do something I love. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment