"Write this down for the next generation so people not yet born will praise God." Psalm 102:18

"Write my answer on a billboard, large and clear, so that anyone can read it at a glance and rush to tell the others." Habakkuk 2:2

Friday, November 5, 2010

Words

I guess you could call me a wordsmith. I like the way words sound. I love to compose my thoughts on paper. I take joy in writing my novel. I hope to encourage and inspire through my written words - not because of me, but because of what God has done in my life. I keep a regular journal as well as a joy journal. I write many words each day through blogging, working on my novel and various writing assignments.

I can write and share my thoughts on paper, but don't do a great job with speaking. Somehow what I mean to say in my head doesn't come across my lips. Perhaps that is why God made me shy by nature. I am a better listener than a speaker. Maybe this is why we are all created different. If we all had the gift of talking, there would be nobody to listen. And if we all listened, we wouldn't hear anything since nobody would be talking. :) I'm thankful that even with all my inadequacies and idiosyncrasies, God made me the way He did.

No comments:

Post a Comment