"Write this down for the next generation so people not yet born will praise God." Psalm 102:18

"Write my answer on a billboard, large and clear, so that anyone can read it at a glance and rush to tell the others." Habakkuk 2:2

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Calling and Security

I haven't been able to do much writing as of late, due to other responsibilities that need to be fulfilled. I have learned to turn off that part of my brain that wants to be working on my writing and think about my storyline. I am able to do that at this point, only because my characters haven't been fully developed as of yet. Once they have life breathed into them, it will be difficult to keep them at bay in my mind.

My brain feels a bit weary after reading and completing four book reviews for publishers this past week. Whew! I think I am on brain overload! I look forward to getting back into some pleasure reading, that doesn't require a book review. I plan to do a bit of this next week while we have several days of travel when we go to pick up my son in Florida. I also would like to do some character development as well, while we are gone.

But what is uppermost on my mind lately has been the thought of calling and security. It has been almost two months now since I have felt the stirrings of God calling me to return to my writing. It is something that I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that He has spoken to me to pursue, and I am actively seeking after it.

A surprising thing has happened along the way as I am walking in this calling. I have noticed that I am much more secure. I can't help but feel the two are connected.... the more we know what God is calling us to do, and we walk in it, the more secure we are in His love. Being secure in His love, makes us more secure overall. What a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment