"Write this down for the next generation so people not yet born will praise God." Psalm 102:18

"Write my answer on a billboard, large and clear, so that anyone can read it at a glance and rush to tell the others." Habakkuk 2:2

Thursday, December 16, 2010

A Cheerleader

The Message says, " Friends come and friends go, but a true friend sticks by you like family." (Proverbs 18:24)

I think there used to be a commercial about having your own personal cheerleader to encourage you when you were feeling down. Some one to say, "You can do it." As I look back over my life there are many friends who have come and gone through the years. I've heard some people are in our lives for a season, but others stay for the long haul.

I've been blessed to have several women in my life who are there for the duration. They help to provide stability when my world feels out of balance. They show love even when I feel unlovable. They encourage me along in my walk with the Lord, even through the dry and weary land. They don't judge, but instead love. They see the potential in me, that I don't always see.

Today I'm thankful for the cheerleaders in my life. I know they are a dim reflection of God's love towards me. I'm humbled and grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment