"Write this down for the next generation so people not yet born will praise God." Psalm 102:18

"Write my answer on a billboard, large and clear, so that anyone can read it at a glance and rush to tell the others." Habakkuk 2:2

Friday, January 7, 2011

Commitment

My family teases me about being a wordsmith. Let's just say I have a way with words.... the written word, not the spoken word that is. When I speak, I have a hard time coming up with what I want to say, how best to string my words together. I seem to do best with pen and paper or typing on my keyboard. Sometimes when I write, things flow freely, but not always.

One thing I have learned in the process of writing my novel, is to keep on persevering and sticking to the commitment God has called me to do. At times it is easy to write, and at others its hard work. Today was one of those arduous days when the words didn't flow with ease, but instead with perseverance. I met the goal I had set for myself, only because I forced myself to keep going.

I'm blessed to have a group of individuals who daily pray for me and my writing. I have one friend in particular who recognizes when I need encouragement, or when I need someone to get me kick started. I'm thankful for those who commited to support me in this endeavor. May I be faithful to what God has called me to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment