"Write this down for the next generation so people not yet born will praise God." Psalm 102:18

"Write my answer on a billboard, large and clear, so that anyone can read it at a glance and rush to tell the others." Habakkuk 2:2

Monday, July 18, 2011

Observations

I started a new book this afternoon I had picked up from the library. It's called A Heart Divided by Kathleen Morgan. I was struck by two things within reading a few pages. Some authors have a definite knack of pulling you into the story by the words they weave. They allow you to take a small glimpse into a character's life. I can't help but feel Jesus often did this when he was teaching/preaching to the crowds. He wove a story, causing listeners to make a decision - to stay on the path they were on, or chose to follow Him.

The other observation wasn't quite so deep.:) Kathleen Morgan named one of her characters Cord. It immediately struck me as a strong masculine name. It's funny how some names make you think of something right away. This name had to belong to a cowboy wearing a stetson.

No comments:

Post a Comment