"Write this down for the next generation so people not yet born will praise God." Psalm 102:18

"Write my answer on a billboard, large and clear, so that anyone can read it at a glance and rush to tell the others." Habakkuk 2:2

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Distinctive Character

"...let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven." Matthew 5:16

I've been reading a book by David Jeremiah entitled Signs of Life. In the passage today he talked about the importance of Christians having distinctive character. He encouraged excellence in all that we do. He went on to say the following:

"We should write the best books, produce the best movies, record the best music, design the best buildings, and display the best manners. We should be the most generous people around, the hardest working employees, and the most dependable friends. And characterizing all we do should be the distinctive flavor of our faith."

This was a good reminder to start my day, particularly since I have the day to myself. My youngest son is working at camp during the day and also helping out until tomorrow morning. I'm looking forward to have some time to work on my research and writing, as well as planning.

I pray for my time to be productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment