"Write this down for the next generation so people not yet born will praise God." Psalm 102:18

"Write my answer on a billboard, large and clear, so that anyone can read it at a glance and rush to tell the others." Habakkuk 2:2

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Knee-Deep in Research

My fingers are itching to start the writing process....but I am knee-deep in research at the moment. I have been learning about the daily life of a lighthouse keeper. I'm reading about all of the different lighthouses and trying to decide whether I want to base my story on a particular one, or come up with my own setting.

I had trouble sleeping last night (initially) because my brain was whirring with all the scenarios and possibilities that lie before me. (That's what happens when you work up until bedtime with research! :) I hope to pinpoint my setting soon and then begin the outline process for the plot. I'm afraid I'm a bit rusty with this whole procedure. The last time I wrote a fiction piece I was in my early 20's. Part of me wonders if I still have what it takes to write in this genre. One thing I do know is that God is calling, stirring and restoring my passion to write and I need to be faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment