"Write this down for the next generation so people not yet born will praise God." Psalm 102:18

"Write my answer on a billboard, large and clear, so that anyone can read it at a glance and rush to tell the others." Habakkuk 2:2

Friday, March 5, 2010

When God Answers

It's funny, for over a month now I have been praying about what it is that God would like me to start writing. During this time, I have been just drawing into God's presence each day and asking the simple question, "What do you want me to write Lord?"

I have been open to writing fiction or nonfiction - articles, devotionals, Bible studies, or full length books. I have written all of those through the years, also poetry and short stories. Each day I have given my writing up to the Lord. I wanted His direction and leading, not mine.

I prayed and waited all month...nothing came to mind. In the process, I have tried to faithfully write a devotional thought each day on my other blog. They have been just little things that God has shown me. Perhaps they don't mean much to a lot of people, but they have to me. If anything, it has been good to get back into the discipline of writing every day.

Before I left for Georgia to visit my friend, I had just a few short sentences that God gave me that could be a future fiction idea. I haven't done anything with it yet, but realize that it has good potential. I still was awaiting further direction from the Lord.

Yesterday my friend took me to see a lighthouse, off the coast of Savannah. The area is rich with history. As I fearfully climbed the stairs to the lookout deck, I had to convince myself not to panic. But somewhere in between the tour of the facilities and a walk on the beach, God gave me the idea for three books - a series of sorts.

As I wrote the ideas down this morning, I find myself eager to return home next week. I will be excited to see my husband and son! I also am anxious to start researching for this book series. There are burning questions in my mind, that I desire to learn the answers. I will have to wait until next week, but for now I am grateful for God answering my prayers. To God be the glory!!

No comments:

Post a Comment