"Write this down for the next generation so people not yet born will praise God." Psalm 102:18

"Write my answer on a billboard, large and clear, so that anyone can read it at a glance and rush to tell the others." Habakkuk 2:2

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Back to Planning Today

Yesterday I managed to write about a half page on my Christian historical novel that I am writing. I didn't get far, because I realized that I need to do a bit more outlining of my chapters. So far I have had a very generalized overview of what I want to cover, but I feel the need to get back to the drawing board and get a little more specific.

Today will find me not likely writing so much as planning and figuring out the direction I plan to head. Proverbs 29:18a encourages, "Where there is no vision, the people perish." All right, perhaps that is a dramatic example, but I think there is truth there as well. It is important to plan and have a vision. Obviously, we need to seek the Lord's guidance as we figure things out. So I will be spending some time seeking God's wisdom and direction for my writing project, because above all else I want to be in the center of His will with following this call to write that He has given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment