"Write this down for the next generation so people not yet born will praise God." Psalm 102:18

"Write my answer on a billboard, large and clear, so that anyone can read it at a glance and rush to tell the others." Habakkuk 2:2

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Forward and Backward

The four chapters are edited to the best of my ability....at the moment. I find that whenever I read back through them, I can find things to change and improve. I guess writing is always a work in progress. I have been pleased I was able to finish editing it within a couple days time.

This afternoon was to be the day for me to actually start writing again....as soon as I got home from having lunch with a dear friend. But I arrived home to a phone message from my mother saying my step-grandfather had passed away this morning. He had been declining in health and was in the hospital with pneumonia, so it wasn't a complete surprise.

Even though I wasn't exceptionally close to him, I find his death affecting me. It looks like the only writing I wil accomplish this afternoon is blog entries - a chance to share a little of what is going on in my heart. I realize how unsure life can be. We never know how long we have on this earth. How important it is to share our faith with those we meet. How crucial it is to be assured of our salvation and our final destination. I pray that God uses my writing to share His message to those I may never meet in person. May His light shine through me of the hope I have because of HIM.

No comments:

Post a Comment