"Write this down for the next generation so people not yet born will praise God." Psalm 102:18

"Write my answer on a billboard, large and clear, so that anyone can read it at a glance and rush to tell the others." Habakkuk 2:2

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

One Week and Counting

It's hard to believe that in a little over a week I will be in Indianapolis, IN attending the American Christian Fiction Writer's conference. Last I heard, there will be close to 600 people in attendance. Wow! That's a lot of writers! :)

I have been plugging along trying to take care of my 'to do' list that needs to be accomplished before I leave. I managed to complete my two writing lessons that are due this month, and submit them. This afternoon I emailed my homeschool article that is due October 1st. That's the earliest I have been finished! :) I completed the book and review that I needed to accomplish by September 2nd. Now I move on to finalizing my first chapter, writing a pitch and maybe dabbling with a one-sheet. I also need to finish up some homeschool lesson plans. I have them completed through September, but would like to have a bit more taken care of before I leave.

I pray that God starts preparing me spiritually for what He will show me, and what I will learn at this conference. I feel incredibly blessed for this opportunity to go. I don't want to miss out on anything that He has for me. I must admit though that Satan is trying his best to discourage and defeat me. I refuse to succumb. Please join me in prayer for God to do incredible things at this conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment