"Write this down for the next generation so people not yet born will praise God." Psalm 102:18

"Write my answer on a billboard, large and clear, so that anyone can read it at a glance and rush to tell the others." Habakkuk 2:2

Friday, September 3, 2010

Wow!

I just realized that it has been almost seven months already since I have started this writing blog. The time has passed by quickly. During that time I have felt God's call to write and have responded. I am taking a two year writing course from Christian Writer's Guild. I have joined American Christian Fiction Writers and will be attending their conference in less than two weeks.

I continue to write book reviews and blog about them for several different publishers. I enjoy reading the books and writing about it. It's a nice way to get a free book!

I also have started writing a historical Christian romance. I have four chapters completed and will be spending the next couple weeks polishing my first chapter and coming up with an elevator pitch. This is basically reducing the book down to 25 words or less.

I regularly write homeschool articles for Home School Enrichment magazine, and have four of these articles posted on www.crosswalk.com

I am looking forward to the conference and getting some new inspiration and encouragement. This past month has been a roller coaster, so I pray that things will calm down soon. I realize too, how vital prayer is in this ministry of writing. Satan doesn't want us to follow and do the things that God calls us to do. He would much rather see us get discouraged or distracted. I choose not to follow these lies. I choose to work toward the goal that God has placed in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment