"Write this down for the next generation so people not yet born will praise God." Psalm 102:18

"Write my answer on a billboard, large and clear, so that anyone can read it at a glance and rush to tell the others." Habakkuk 2:2

Monday, February 15, 2010

Break Through

I just wrote an entry about passion on my Digging for Pearls blog. I have been thinking a lot lately about the desire God has given me to write. I have been undergoing a spiritual journey and renewal the past couple weeks, to help me to get more focused. God has used this time to stir the flames of the desire and call He has placed on my life to write.

I notice a huge change in me. I have more peace and even feel a sense of purpose. I surprised myself yesterday at church. I had a brief encounter with a friend where we exchanged normal pleasantries. I asked about her work at the local middle school and she asked me how homeschooling was going. I commented that it seems hard to believe that I have only a little over two years before that part of my life will be over. (I am currently in my 14th year of homeschooling).

My friend then went on to ask, "What will you do then?" (after we finish homeschooling) Without hesitation I replied, "I'm going to write." I pondered it a short time later, and realized the change that God has made in my heart. I always have felt the call to write, but also have been pretty insecure as well. This time I replied without any uncertainty.

Then after our Sunday School class I spoke with a different friend. She just recently had started reading my other blog and told me how much she is enjoying it. She commented, "You really are a good writer." She wondered if I have had any training in it. I felt that this was another reassurance from God that I am on the right track of where He wants me to be. For me it was a break through.

In a few weeks, I'll be going to visit my friend in Georgia for nine days. I can hardly wait. It's been quite a while since I have seen her. But even though I am excited about our time together, I also am looking forward to returning home. Why you may ask? Because when I return home I plan to step out in faith and obedience and start a two year writing course with Jerry Jenkins. I can hardly wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment