"Write this down for the next generation so people not yet born will praise God." Psalm 102:18

"Write my answer on a billboard, large and clear, so that anyone can read it at a glance and rush to tell the others." Habakkuk 2:2

Monday, February 8, 2010

A Good Story

I have been reading a Christian fiction book that I am thoroughly enjoying. It made me realize that most of us enjoy a good story. Some would say that reading fiction is a waste of time. For a time I felt that it was something that I shouldn't spend a lot of time doing. I have learned the importance of balance when it comes to my reading.

I think God has built in us the desire to hear and experience a good story. We do so via the Internet, through books, watching movies, and even listening to a good friend. In the Bible, Jesus often told stories to the people that followed Him.

I am in the process of trying to figure out what God wants me to write next. I continue to blog, but also desire to start on a new writing project. I don't know if it will be something nonfiction, or whether or not God has a story inside of me that is waiting to be written on paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment