"Write this down for the next generation so people not yet born will praise God." Psalm 102:18

"Write my answer on a billboard, large and clear, so that anyone can read it at a glance and rush to tell the others." Habakkuk 2:2

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Encouragement

"I'll write the book on your righteousness, talk up your salvation the livelong day, never run out of good things to write or say." Psalm 71:15 (The Message)

"And the special gift of ministry you received when I laid hands on you and prayed—keep that ablaze! God doesn't want us to be shy with his gifts, but bold and loving and sensible."
1 Timothy 1:6-7 (The Message)

On my way driving my son to work this morning, I listened to a CD teaching entitled, "Pathway to Publication" by Susanne Scheppman. It was from She Speaks in 2006 - a Christian speaking and writing conference put on by Proverbs 31 Ministry. God continues to use scripture, books I am reading, or things I'm listening to, to encourage me to follow the gift He has given me.

I chose 'Pearls of Wisdom' for a blog header for a special reason. My other blog, 'Digging for Pearls' was developed with a desire to inspire women to dig in God's Word, to find the spiritual truths that He has for us. In it, I often share my heart and the things that I am learning. I had a slightly different intent for this blog.

So why 'Pearls of Wisdom'? I still desire to convey the pearls of wisdom that I dig out of God's Word. But I wanted this blog to be more about writing, and the gift that God has given me. I don't claim to have 'pearls' to share. Those can only be found in God's Word. But I do want to be able to share, where He is leading me when it comes to my writing.

Sometimes I may write a poem, dialogue from a potential story, or other pieces that I am working on writing. But I invite you to join me on the journey of discovering the gift that God has for me. Perhaps through my ponderings, God will speak to your heart of what He desires for you to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment