"Write this down for the next generation so people not yet born will praise God." Psalm 102:18

"Write my answer on a billboard, large and clear, so that anyone can read it at a glance and rush to tell the others." Habakkuk 2:2

Friday, February 12, 2010

For the Sake of the Call

I stumbled across the words to a song that I have had for over two years now - almost to the day. On February 9, 2008 I printed out the lyrics to Steven Curtis Chapman's song entitled "For the Sake of the Call." God used this song as a catalyst, to remind me of the call that He has placed on my life through the years, which is to be a writer.

There have been times in my life when I do really well with writing, and other times..... well, not so great. I have written two fiction novels, three Bible studies, as well as a nonfiction book. But none of those things have been published. My publishing accomplishments have been some poetry that I wrote as a teen, and I am a regular columnist for Home School Enrichment magazine.

But God has been stirring in me, the desire to be consistently writing again. For the moment, that has been through starting this blog, as well as continued writing with my Digging For Pearls blog. But I know He is calling me to more than that as well. I don't know the definites at this point. I still am praying for leading in that area.

I do know that I will get back into working on my research of the ten struggles that Christian women face. I still have a bit of compiling to do with that project. Then we'll see how God uses that - whether it will become a full book, or just a series of articles. But I also have had stirrings to start a fiction piece again. I keep thinking about reading a good story, and how that can impact people as well. I'm excited to see where God will lead me.

No comments:

Post a Comment