"Write this down for the next generation so people not yet born will praise God." Psalm 102:18

"Write my answer on a billboard, large and clear, so that anyone can read it at a glance and rush to tell the others." Habakkuk 2:2

Thursday, February 11, 2010

A Good Story - Part Two

I continue to think about how God has built into us, the desire to hear, see and experience a good story. We enjoy hearing about people who have triumphed despite overwhelming trials and situations. Last night my husband and I watched a movie called Gifted Hands about a neurosurgeon named Ben Carson. It portrayed his overcoming his rough background, to become a world renowned surgeon. He is a man of faith as well.

But I think a good story goes a step further, in that we also desire a good or happy ending. Most people are disappointed or saddened when they watch a movie, or read a book that has an unsettling ending. We desire completeness.

Perhaps these wanderings are God's way of stirring me back into writing again. I am waiting upon Him, to determine which area He wants me to pursue next. I desire to be a part of the 'good story' that He has for my life as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment