"Write this down for the next generation so people not yet born will praise God." Psalm 102:18

"Write my answer on a billboard, large and clear, so that anyone can read it at a glance and rush to tell the others." Habakkuk 2:2

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Training

I have been thinking of my friend's comment on Sunday, wondering if I have had training in creative writing. Other than a couple courses in high school, many years ago, I have had no 'official' teaching. Unless you count the numerous hours I have spent reading.

1 Corinthians 9:25 says, "Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever." 1 Timothy 4:7a-8 encourages, "train yourself to be godly. For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come."

I feel that I have come to a time in my life where it is important to get some type of training when it comes to writing. That is why I plan to enroll in a writing course, and have been actively reading some books on writing too. I feel that there are things that I can learn that will be beneficial to me. But above all else, it also is vitally important to have spiritual training. To draw into God's presence so that I have something to share with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment