"Write this down for the next generation so people not yet born will praise God." Psalm 102:18

"Write my answer on a billboard, large and clear, so that anyone can read it at a glance and rush to tell the others." Habakkuk 2:2

Monday, July 19, 2010

Deadlines! Deadlines!

It was a busy weekend with my mother visiting so we could celebrate her 71st birthday. The emails piled up in my inbox and it has taken most of the morning to get caught up with things. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed at the moment with the next course assignment due by next Friday, and a homeschool article needed to be written and submitted by August 1st. Yikes! No pressure! Then I also hope to write 5,000 more words on my novel before the end of this month. I set a goal of 10,000 and I really want to be able to reach it.

Each time I get feeling overwhelmed, I have to make a choice to draw into my Heavenly Father's presence and ask for His wisdom and help as I work towards each deadline. Sometimes I forget and feel like I won't possibly get everything done that needs to be accomplished. But, eventually, I usually remember to focus my eyes on the Lord and surprisingly things and words fall into place. Are you feeling overwhelmed today? Is it time to crawl into your Daddy's lap and ask for His help?

No comments:

Post a Comment