"Write this down for the next generation so people not yet born will praise God." Psalm 102:18

"Write my answer on a billboard, large and clear, so that anyone can read it at a glance and rush to tell the others." Habakkuk 2:2

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Plugging Along - Progress Report

Well I am 4,443 words closer to my goal of 10,000 words for this month, which means I'm almost half way there! I've had some slight delays the past few days as I have gone back over my first chapter repeatedly editing, polishing and perfecting. I know it usually is recommended to just keep writing, which I also am trying to do. I find that I do better if I keep going over things for now, as it helps me to obtain clearer thoughts of how my characters are portrayed. Taking a few days away from writing allows me to look at things a little differently as I read over things again.

I have moved on to my second chapter and almost have it completed. It was a good writing day with being able to write six pages. I'll keep this short today since I have been sitting at the computer most of the day, and my legs could use some good stretching!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jodi, I too am a writer and member of ACFW. I am planning to attend the conference too. We have so much in common. I homeschool, my oldest graduated in 06 and my youngest is freshman this year. I have been married for 24 years and I too have always wanted to write. I found you on the course loop for conf. info. I would love to correspond with you more!! I am from Fayetteville Georgia. Lord willing I am attending the conference for the first time this year...I sure hope you will be there.
    Hugs, Pamela Cowart

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have time check out my blog too! I'll be definitely be following you. :)
    Pamela Cowart

    ReplyDelete