"Write this down for the next generation so people not yet born will praise God." Psalm 102:18

"Write my answer on a billboard, large and clear, so that anyone can read it at a glance and rush to tell the others." Habakkuk 2:2

Thursday, July 1, 2010

10,000 Words in a Month

Today begins a journey that I am taking with a bunch of Christian authors from American Christian Fiction Writers. We are each choosing to work on our writing projects this month. Goals have been set and today is the first day. It was suggested to write at least 10,000 words, so that is what I chose to do. That averages out to twenty days of writing two pages each, for a total of about 40 pages. It will be a stretch for me, since I haven't written that much for many years.

So where am I in this writing process? This week I have been continuing work with my four main characters. I have been filling out six-page forms in order to get to know their quirks and idiosyncrasies. Three out of four are completed. I hope to finish the fourth one today. As for actual writing, I have written a half page a couple days ago. By the end of today I will have at least three pages completed. I'm excited to once again begin this journey. I'll keep you updated as I proceed.

No comments:

Post a Comment