"Write this down for the next generation so people not yet born will praise God." Psalm 102:18

"Write my answer on a billboard, large and clear, so that anyone can read it at a glance and rush to tell the others." Habakkuk 2:2

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Gotta Write

Could we with ink the ocean fill,
And were the skies of parchment made,
Were every stalk on earth a quill,
And every man a scribe by trade;
To write the love of God above
Would drain the ocean dry;
Nor could the scroll contain the whole,
Though stretched from sky to sky.
 

     "The Love of God" by Frederick M. Lehman, 1917

I was impressed by this portion of the song, "The Love of God" when we sang it in our church on Sunday morning. God continues to stir in me the desire to write the story that He has placed in my heart - to share it with those I meet. I pray too that I live it out in my day to day life as well.

I am so enjoying reading a new book entitled Love on a Dime by Cara Lynn James. It is set in 1899 and the main heroine is a writer of 'dime novels' (as they were once called). It fascinates me to read a story where the main character is a writer. Lilly Westbrook has a desire to follow God by being faithful in her writing career. So too is the cry of my heart - faithfully following God by writing for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment