"Write this down for the next generation so people not yet born will praise God." Psalm 102:18

"Write my answer on a billboard, large and clear, so that anyone can read it at a glance and rush to tell the others." Habakkuk 2:2

Thursday, June 24, 2010

A Place to Write

It has taken a lot of work, but I finally have an area set aside for my writing. With the advent of branching out in regards to my writing, my husband and I decided that it is important for me to have a specific space for accomplishing these goals. Somewhere that I am able to spread things out and don't need to keep packing it up when it's time for a meal. In other words, a place other than the kitchen table, which is where I had been writing.

This week my husband and I have been working heavily on cleaning up the house and attic. We have had a dumpster for the week, which had been used for the old shingles and boards from having our roof replaced last weekend. There was still plenty of room left in the dumpster so we were encouraged to fill it up as much as possible. My husband worked on sorting through the attic. I worked on things in the house, in particular a computer desk we have in our dining room.

I now have all my writing books transferred to its shelves, as well as a couple lighthouse figurines that I was given. I hung scriptures to inspire and encourage me. I have framed photos of the lighthouse where my book is set, that a dear friend had made for me. So now all I need is the inspiration and time to start writing. I can hardly wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment