"Write this down for the next generation so people not yet born will praise God." Psalm 102:18

"Write my answer on a billboard, large and clear, so that anyone can read it at a glance and rush to tell the others." Habakkuk 2:2

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Slow Beginnings

I had hoped to be further along on my writing journey today. I was somewhat bogged on the computer this morning as I learned the ins and outs with signing up with http://www.acfw.com. I am now an official member of American Christian Fiction Writers. One step on the journey of eventually becoming a published Christian fiction writer. I feel like each decision I have been making lately is bringing me one step closer to what God is calling me to do.

This afternoon I spent several hours writing and polishing my next assignment with Christian Writer's Guild. I discovered from my writing mentor some potential articles to consider. I need to be in prayer to see what God desires for me to do. Under my mentor's leadership, I am being encouraged to possibly pursue an additional project that would take a lot of time and research. At this point I don't know if I can handle writing two books at once and keep up with my writing course. But, I need to remind myself that if this is something that God is calling me to do, He will provide the strength to do it.

This evening finds me in pursuit of God's direction when it comes to writing projects, as well as the balancing act between duties with home and family and my writing endeavors. Above all else I desire to be in God's will.

No comments:

Post a Comment