"Write this down for the next generation so people not yet born will praise God." Psalm 102:18

"Write my answer on a billboard, large and clear, so that anyone can read it at a glance and rush to tell the others." Habakkuk 2:2

Thursday, June 10, 2010

What Are You Doing With Your Talents?

"To those who use well what they are given, even more will be given, and they will have an abundance." Matthew 25:29

I never thought of the Parable of the Talents like it hit me this morning during my personal devotions. Perhaps it was because I was reading a different translation of the Bible than I normally do. 

What if Jesus was actually referring to the real talents that He has given each of us? Is He just waiting for us to faithfully use those talents to serve Him so he can pour more abilities into us? I have heard and read this parable many times throughout my life. Today God used it as a confirmation that as I faithfully follow the call He has given me, He will bless me abundantly.

Now, I know that doesn't mean that I won't experience difficulties or struggles along the way. But I want to diligently and eagerly use those gifts He has given me. I desire for Him to give me an abundance and overflowing of my talent, so I can use it to touch others. May I think of my writing as being a missionary - able to reach out, touch, and inspire readers to draw closer to the Lord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment