"Write this down for the next generation so people not yet born will praise God." Psalm 102:18

"Write my answer on a billboard, large and clear, so that anyone can read it at a glance and rush to tell the others." Habakkuk 2:2

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I Am a Writer!

"Be strong and courageous and get to work. Don't be frightened by the size of the task, for the Lord my God is with you; he will not forsake you. He will see to it that everything is finished correctly." 1 Chronicles 28:20 TLB

I have very slowly been working my way through a Bible study for writers entitled Write His Answer by Marlene Bagnull. The above scripture was part of the devotional I read this morning. It spoke to me on several levels. King David said them to his son Solomon, as he gave him the blueprints for building God's temple. Perhaps Solomon was feeling overwhelmed by the mantle that his father was placing on his young shoulders.

I recently have started fully embracing the idea that I am a writer. It is something that has been a part of me for many, many years. It is just who God made me. I admit that I am often excited about the prospects before me, but also at times afraid.  Questions and uncertainties can plague me from time to time. But I choose to rest in the words of this verse - to be strong, courageous, and unafraid. I trust God to work in my writing and to use it for His purposes. May I be faithful in following Him in all areas of my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment