"Write this down for the next generation so people not yet born will praise God." Psalm 102:18

"Write my answer on a billboard, large and clear, so that anyone can read it at a glance and rush to tell the others." Habakkuk 2:2

Monday, October 25, 2010

Act of Obedience

Short post today with some random thoughts....

Sometimes I find myself affected by what is going on in my life, that I may not feel like writing. This is how I felt today. I know, often we are affected by our lives. Over the past couple years though I have learned to think more like a guy. You probably are asking, what does that mean? God definitely designed men and women differently, even in the way we think and process things. My husband has the uncanny ability to compartmentalize his thoughts.

I've heard it explained before that a man's brain is like a set of utility drawers. They process one individual drawer at a time. Not a bad thing. A woman's brain, on the other hand, happens to process feelings and emotions all at the same time. Kind of like a bowl of marbles that are swirling, with a rubber ball thrown in the mix. That ball is accessing all kinds of information at once.

So what does all this have to do with anything? :) Well, I've learn to be more of a compartment or drawer thinker. Able to put things in a drawer, close it, and move on to something else that needs my attention. It's an active choice I must make. For today, I chose to be obedience to the call God has placed on my life to write. I sat down and did it, even when I didn't feel like it. What act of obedience is God calling you to do today?

1 comment: