"Write this down for the next generation so people not yet born will praise God." Psalm 102:18

"Write my answer on a billboard, large and clear, so that anyone can read it at a glance and rush to tell the others." Habakkuk 2:2

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Change of Plans

I admit, I've been anxious to sit down and see where my characters will take me next. My fingers anticipate flying across the keyboard, recording their story. But alas, it hasn't happened (as of yet) today. Other things have taken precedence. I have a writing assignment for the course I'm taking, which is due on Thursday. So instead of immersing myself in my story, I chose to be disciplined and finish my homework. It was a difficult task since I needed to come up with three separate stories of 500 words each. I plugged along, and have it completed and emailed to my mentor. Praise God!

My writing time was also disrupted since most of the afternoon was spent running to Wal-Mart for groceries. When I finally arrived back home, my time has been divided between finishing my stories and final preparations for my son taking PSAT's tomorrow. If possible I hope to squeeze some time to work on my novel. Even if I don't have the opportunity to write, my mind is still percolating with ideas of where to go next.

No comments:

Post a Comment