"Write this down for the next generation so people not yet born will praise God." Psalm 102:18

"Write my answer on a billboard, large and clear, so that anyone can read it at a glance and rush to tell the others." Habakkuk 2:2

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Elastic and Stretch-a-bility

I've been thinking today about elastic and stretch-a-bility. About three months ago I committed to something I hadn't ever done before. I signed up and set a goal to write 10,000 words in one month's time. I remember being a little apprehensive, wondering if I would be able to meet my commitments. But as time went on, I found that I easily completed what I had set out to do.

This month arrived, and I felt God calling me to double my previous goal. I admit, I really was sweating out whether I could accomplish it this time. 20,000 words seemed like an insurmountable task. We are only half way through the month, and I already have completed 11,597 words. I've been averaging anywhere from 650 - 1200 words most days. After I finish each day, I realize I easily could have written more. I admit, I'm often weary and my brain feels a bit fried when I'm finished, but I also know I could continue.

I can't help but wonder if there are other areas in my life where God is calling me to step out in faith to grow and be challenged more. Elastic has a great quality of being able to be stretched, but still return to it's original shape. I wonder if God has more stretching for me to do. I pray I will be faithful in stepping out when He calls.

1 comment:


  1. Hi there, awesome site. I thought the topics you posted on were very interesting. I tried to add your RSS to my feed reader and it a few. take a look at it, hopefully I can add you and follow.



















    Disability NEWS

    ReplyDelete