"Write this down for the next generation so people not yet born will praise God." Psalm 102:18

"Write my answer on a billboard, large and clear, so that anyone can read it at a glance and rush to tell the others." Habakkuk 2:2

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Commitment and Plans

I've been reading a book entitled The Art of War for Writers by James Scott Bell. I admit, it wasn't quite what I expected, but I am enjoying it. Actually I'm not quite sure what I expected! :)

Through its pages I've been challenged to take my writing career to the next level of commitment. Since I believe writing is a calling God gave me, how much am I willing to put into it? What am I willing to give up to follow this pursuit from God? Am I going to approach this casually or like a business woman? How much is God calling me to do? Will I simply dabble or chase wholeheartedly? These are the thoughts racing through my brain the past couple days.

As of yet, I don't have a definite plan - thoughts and feelings, but still seeking God's direction. I know above all else I want to be in the center of His will for my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment