"Write this down for the next generation so people not yet born will praise God." Psalm 102:18

"Write my answer on a billboard, large and clear, so that anyone can read it at a glance and rush to tell the others." Habakkuk 2:2

Thursday, April 8, 2010

A Coat, a Book and Writing Materials

"When you come, bring the cloak that I left with Carpus at Troas, and my scrolls, especially the parchments." 2 Timothy 4:13

This verse was part of my devotional reading early this morning, before I took my son to work. I guess with having a renewed interest in writing, this caused me to pause and think a little bit. I teasingly commented to my husband that it's biblical to have an interest in books and writing. All right, I admit, it's likely those scrolls were equivalent to my Bible. I love reading my Bible too. The point that struck me, was Paul's desire to read and write (and to be warm! :).

I continue to be amazed at how far the Lord has brought me the past couple months. I stand in amazement at the things He has taught and shown me. He has renewed in me the passion of writing. I have had such an unsuppressed joy by working on writing and researching for my book. I feel like the joy is bubbling out. I can not contain it!

Yesterday I was blessed to hear from two individuals that will be an extremely valuable resource with researching the lighthouse I am writing about. I was encouraged when they expressed their willingness to answer all of my questions. For me, it was a confirmation that I am on the right track of where God wants me to be.

It's warm in PA today, so I don't need the coat, but give me a book and writing materials and I will be happy!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment