"Write this down for the next generation so people not yet born will praise God." Psalm 102:18

"Write my answer on a billboard, large and clear, so that anyone can read it at a glance and rush to tell the others." Habakkuk 2:2

Friday, April 23, 2010

They're On The Move

I thought I would take a quick break from planning out my characters, to give my brain a different direction to process. I feel like my characters are slowly starting to move around in my mind. They don't have full substance yet.

I'm finding that it takes a while to come up with a history for each one, as well as their quirks and features. What makes them each different and unique? What brought them to where they are currently? What struggles do they have? How would they respond in a situation? What are their insecurities? Do they have any secrets?

I continue to have much food for thought as I flesh out what makes my characters tick. How do I intertwine their paths? I find that each decision leads to another and another. It will take some time, but I look forward to when they are living and breathing in my mind on a daily basis. Until then....back to the drawing board! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment