"Write this down for the next generation so people not yet born will praise God." Psalm 102:18

"Write my answer on a billboard, large and clear, so that anyone can read it at a glance and rush to tell the others." Habakkuk 2:2

Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Cry of My Heart

The other day I had the opportunity to participate in a conference call with Lysa TerKeurst, President of Proverbs 31 Ministry. She was speaking about prayer. One thing she said that really spoke to me, was the importance of identifying my most desperate need today. Now I realize that this can change from day to day. She went on to say of the importance of taking that need to God and asking Him to be our portion for that day. Each day we continue to do this.

I couldn't help but ask myself, "What is my desperate need and desire?" My first thought and cry of my heart was, "I want to be a great writer." I don't say this for selfish reasons. Sure I admit, I look forward to someday holding a book that has my name on the cover, but I desire much more than that. I desire God to use me to touch women through my writing, to stir them to a deeper level of faith and understanding of God's Word. I don't want to be just a good writer. I want to be a great writer, not because of me, but because of God. This is the cry of my heart, along with following wholeheartedly after God.

No comments:

Post a Comment