"Write this down for the next generation so people not yet born will praise God." Psalm 102:18

"Write my answer on a billboard, large and clear, so that anyone can read it at a glance and rush to tell the others." Habakkuk 2:2

Friday, April 2, 2010

One Step Further

Yesterday I had a pleasurable day. I spent the morning blogging and catching up with some things. The afternoon I enjoyed immersing myself in research of lighthouses for about five hours. It was exciting to read and learn things about this time period in which I will be writing. Doing this research is helping me to pinpoint the exact time period that I plan to use in the novel.

Actual writing of the novel hasn't taken place as of yet. I would love to start crafting the story, but know that I need significant research before I allow myself to start putting pen to page. All right, I do admit that I have written a few pages of ideas and possibilities so far. It doesn't mean they will actually get in the actual manuscript, but perhaps are just part of the thought process.

I really am excited about getting one step closer to the actual writing process. Each bit of research that I'm able to complete, draws me nearer to my goal. I also am looking forward to next week. I have two names that I was given that would likely know more information about the time period and lighthouse in which I will be writing. I pray that they are open to helping, since my lighthouse is in far away Maine, and I am unable to travel there at this point. (I just checked on MapQuest and my destination is about 11-12 hours drive. Hmmm. Sure would be nice to do a car trip to see it sometime). For now I'm content to keep working on my research.

No comments:

Post a Comment