"Write this down for the next generation so people not yet born will praise God." Psalm 102:18

"Write my answer on a billboard, large and clear, so that anyone can read it at a glance and rush to tell the others." Habakkuk 2:2

Friday, April 9, 2010

Getting Closer....

I have been in recent contact with someone that has been researching the lighthouses of New England for over a decade, with special emphasis on the particular lighthouse that will be the main focus of the novel I am in the process of researching and writing. Yesterday I sent a long list of questions in regards to this lighthouse, the local town and time period I am researching. He responded back with two pages of answers for me. I am so grateful!!

I find that each step of research is getting me closer and closer to the actual starting point of writing. I continue to study and learn about the time period, and I find it exhilarating. With this new information, I am anxious to soon sit down and plan out in detail the whole novel. I have specifics in regard to the town and lighthouse now. The picture is beginning to form in my mind. I find my fingers are again itching to get things down on paper.

For this weekend, things will be on hold since my oldest son flew home from college in Florida to spend a couple days with us. Come Tuesday morning I will be sitting down with all the information and developing my setting and plot. I can hardly wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment